Jonathan B. Boonin
Jonathan Boonin joined HBC in 2006, after spending six years as a civil litigation attorney with a large Washington D.C.-based international law firm, three years teaching at Harvard Law School and at the University of Colorado School of Law, and four years as a partner with Warren & Boonin LLP, a Boulder-based law firm he co-founded.
Jonathan has a broad ranging civil litigation practice, with a particular emphasis on commercial litigation, employment law counseling and litigation, securities litigation and construction litigation.
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Representative Cases and Transactions
- General Commercial Litigation – Jonathan has represented small, mid-size and large companies in a wide range of business disputes, including breach of contract claims, construction disputes, and claims against corporate officers and directors for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Employment Litigation and Counseling – Jonathan has represented individuals and companies in a variety of employment related disputes, including claims of discrimination, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, violation of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and wage and hour disputes.
- Securities Litigation – Jonathan has represented investors in NASD securities arbitrations, recovering in excess of a million dollars for investment losses caused by brokers, financial advisors, and their firms.
- Construction Litigation – Jonathan has represented a broad range of construction clients, including general contractors, owners, architects and engineers in a variety of disputes.
Publications and Presentations
- Jonathan Boonin, James Carr and James Stone, "Colorado's Revised Uniform Arbitration Act," 33 Colorado Lawyer No. 9 (Sept. 2004).
- Jonathan Boonin and James Stone, "The Supreme Court's Emerging Endorsement of Arbitration," 30 Colorado Lawyer No. 9 (Sept. 2001).
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation and Counseling
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1993
Yale Law Journal, Senior Editor
- University of Colorado, B.A., 1990
Summa Cum Laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions / Clerkships
- Colorado, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1995
- United States Supreme Court, 1997
Memberships / Awards
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association
- Public Interest Arbitration Bar Association
- Co-Editor, ADR Column for the Colorado Lawyer (2001-2008)
- Member, Board of Directors, CDR Associates (2004–Present)