Constance Tromble Eyster
Connie was selected as the 2017 Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year for Boulder by The Best Lawyers in America®. She received "Lawyer of the Year" honors in 2012 for Trusts and Estates as well, and has been named a Best Lawyer since 2008.
Connie Tromble Eyster has been with Hutchinson Black and Cook since 2001. Her practice focuses on estate planning, probate and trust administration, as well as the formation of non-profit entities. She has represented a wide variety of individuals with their gifting, charitable contributions, marital agreements, wills, trusts, and other estate planning concerns. She also assists families with the administration of guardianships, conservatorships, and decedent's estates.
Connie has taught the Wills and Trusts course at the University of Colorado School of Law as an adjunct professor and has spoken on estate planning topics throughout Colorado.
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Publications and Presentations
- Jennifer Spitz and Constance Tromble Eyster, Ten Tax Tips and Traps, presentation at the Colorado Estate Planning Retreat 2014.
- Constance Tromble Eyster, Engagement Letters, Colorado Estate Planning Handbook, (Johns, McVey, and Wood, ed., 6th ed. 2013).
- Constance Tromble Eyster, Engagement Letters and Common Conflicts of Interest in Joint Representation, The Colorado Lawyer, Vol. 38, No. 2 (February 2009).
- Constance Beck Wood, Gordon J. Williams, Michael B. Holder, Constance Tromble Eyster, New and Old Disclaimer Planning Techniques (6 MB), June 2005 (Estate Planning Retreat, Continuing Legal Education of Colorado, Inc.).
- Louisa M. Ritsick and Constance Tromble Eyster, Probate and Trust Law, 2004 Annual Survey of Colorado Law.
- Christopher R. Brauchli and Constance Tromble Eyster, Joint Tenancy, Colorado Estate Planning Handbook (Johns, McVey, and Wood, ed., 5th ed. 2004).
- Louisa M. Ritsick and Constance Tromble Eyster, Probate and Trust Law, 2003 Annual Survey of Colorado Law.
- Constance Tromble Eyster, Estate Planning Considerations When Distributing Assets from A Conservatorship Estate, The Colorado Lawyer, Vol. 32, No. 8 (August 2003).
- Constance Tromble Eyster, The Testamentary Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege: Defining the Parameters, Boulder County Bar Newsletter, March 2003 (http://www.boulder-bar.org/pdf/bcba _03_03.pdf).
- Louisa M. Ritsick and Constance Tromble Eyster, Probate and Trust Law, 2002 Annual Survey of Colorado Law.
Host, "Law and Justice" television program (Channel 8), 2010-
Member, Board of Adjustments for Town of Lyons, 2009-
Co-chair founding advisory board for Lyons Community Foundation, 2007-2009
Founding coordinator, Boulder County Pro Se Probate Assistance Program, 2004-2009
Areas of Practice
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 2000
Order of the Coif
University of Colorado Law Review
Edward C. King Award
- Dartmouth College, A.B., 1995
Bar Admissions / Clerkships
- Colorado, 2000
- Law Clerk, Honorable Michael Bender, 2000-2001; Colorado Supreme Court
Memberships / Awards
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) member 2012-
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association Fellow
- Boulder County Bar Association
- Chair, Executive Council of CBA Trust and Estate Section, 2013-2014
- Chair, Statuory Revisions Committee, CBA Trust and Estate Section, 2009-2010
- CBA Trust and Estate Section Council Member, 2006-2008
- Colorado Bar Leadership Training Program, 2007-2009, Chair 2009
- Chair, Orange Book Subcommittee, CBA Trust and Estate Section, 2004-2005
- Member, Board of Directors, Boulder County Bar Association, 2005-2007
- Boulder County 40 Under 40, Boulder County Business Report, 2010
- Boulder County Bar Association "Young Lawyer of the Year" Award, 2004
- Selected for "Best Lawyers in America" and "Colorado Rising Stars"
- Named 2012 Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year for Denver, CO by Best Lawyers
- Named 2017 Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year for Boulder, CO by Best Lawyers