C. Brad Peterson
Brad Peterson's practice has focused on construction, real estate, and commercial litigation for more than thirty years. He has tried more than one hundred cases during his career, ranging from half-day bench trials to month-long jury trials. His successes in these trials have resulted in his becoming a faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, where he has taught many courses, including the National Program. Brad has been selected for inclusion in "The Best Lawyers in America" and for inclusion in Colorado's "Super Lawyers." Brad was also honored as the 2013 Denver/Boulder "Lawyer of the Year" for Construction Law by Best Lawyers in America.
Brad represents a broad range of construction clients, including general contractors, architects and engineers, and numerous other subcontractors. His focus for these clients includes full representation, starting from preparation of construction documents through representation of the clients in mediations, arbitrations, and trials. He also represents many real estate owners and developers. Brad has served as an arbitrator and mediator in a wide variety of disputes, and he has been selected to serve on the American Arbitration Association's Roster of Neutrals.
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Representative Cases and Transactions
- Western Industrial Park v. PSCo – Represented property owner in significant real estate dispute against public utility; won case at trial and was awarded attorney fees for a frivolous defense.
- Silicon Mountain v. DCTC – Represented property owner in multi-week jury trial with contractor; won case on appeal.
- Ater v. Merit Development, Inc. – Represented owners in expansive-soils lawsuit; obtained class certification; case settled favorably.
- Financial Management Task Force v. Murray – Represented director and officer of failed industrial bank; won month-long jury trial in which jury assessed no fault against client.
- Successful trials and arbitrations on behalf of construction clients.
Areas of Practice
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 1982
Order of the Coif
Associate Editor, University of Colorado Law Review
Bureau of National Affairs Award Recipient
- College of William and Mary, B.A., 1978
Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions / Clerkships
- Colorado, 1982
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1982
- Other federal and tax courts, various years
- Law Clerk, Honorable Jim R. Carrigan, 1982-83; United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Memberships / Awards
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association
Co-Chair, Civil Litigation Section
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member for numerous courses, including the National Program, Rocky Mountain Regional Trial Skills, Deposition Techniques, and others